Source: http://www.perezparedes.es/big-data-and-corpus-linguistics [accessed: 14/05/2015]
The SketchEngine development team has just released a new open-source version of their tools (
finlib – Download-Links), including the following highlights:
- extended support for parallel corpora
- support for virtual corpora
- asynchronous query processing showing partial results as they are computed
- corpus info page providing an overall overview of the corpus stats
- lots of smaller enhancements in the functionality and usability of the user interface
- lots of speed enhancements, both for run time (query evaluation) and compile time (corpus indexing)
- lots of bugfixes
Source: http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/trac/noske/wiki/Downloads [accessed: 13/06/2014]
Class-room friendly collocations dictionary:
[Last update: 03/06/2015]
- Kilgarriff, A. (2014, March). “Corpora in the classroom without scaring the students.” British Council – EnglishAgenda Seminar. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2APIUxE_i6M [Adam’s talk starts at 1:09:35]
- Adam Kilgarriff, Miloš Husák, Katy McAdam, Michael Rundell, Pavel Rychlý (2008). “GDEX: Automatically Finding Good Dictionary Examples in a Corpus.” In Elisenda Bernal, Janet DeCesaris (Ed.), Proceedings of the 13th EURALEX International Congress (pp. 425–432). Barcelona, Spain: Institut Universitari de Linguistica Aplicada, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Retrieved from EURALEX 2008
“Turnkey Linux is a virtual appliance library that integrates and polishes the very best open source software into ready to use solutions.”
Source: http://www.turnkeylinux.org/ [accessed: 03/03/2014]
- LAMP Stack Virtual Appliance (~220MB, linux base system [Debian7], admin through convenient web-gui, accessible from any (local) machine within minutes)
This program started as a fork of the Bonito 2.68 web interface to the corpus management tool Manatee (http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/trac/noske). It is maintained by the Institute of the Czech National Corpus. Current version contains all the key features of the Bonito 2.98.3 (primarily a support for parallel corpora).
Source: http://bitbucket.org/ucnk/kontext/overview [accessed: 23/12/2013]
Welcome to NoSketch Engine, an open-source project combining Manatee and Bonito into a powerful and free corpus management system. NoSketch Engine is a limited version of the software empowering the famous Sketch Engine service, a commercial variant offering word sketches, thesaurus, keyword computation, user-friendly corpus creation and many other excellent features.
Manatee is a corpus management tool including corpus building and indexing, fast querying and providing basic statistical measures. It utilitates a fast indexing library called Finlib.
Bonito is a graphical user interface to corpora mantained by Manatee. It is available as a standalone graphical application in Tcl/Tk (version Bonito1, not developed/supported anymore) and web interface in Python (version Bonito2, under constant development).
Source: http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/trac/noske/ [accessed: 23/12/2013]
The Sketch Engine is for anyone wanting to research how words behave. It is a Corpus Query System incorporating word sketches, one-page, automatic, corpus-derived summaries of a word’s grammatical and collocational behaviour.
Sketch Engine features
- Supported languages
- Word sketches: learn how words are used
- Word sketch difference: compare and contrast words visually
- Corpus Architect: create and use your own corpora
- WebBootCat: create specialised corpora from Web instantly
- Distributional thesaurus
- Parallel corpora: search many parallel corpora
- Compare corpora
Source: http://www.sketchengine.co.uk [accessed: 23/12/2013]